Monday, April 12, 2010

In His Eyes (Psalm 18)

As I was reading last night for my private readings on Lord's Day evening.  I was struck at the clarity of Christ's righteousness in His people showing forth.  When the LORD looks upon us He sees Christ!  And as He looks upon us and sees the righteousness of Christ, He rewards us.  Not for what we have done, not for our strength, our righteousness, our cleanness, our love, but we are rewarded by the LORD as if we were truly perfect, holy, and righteous.  We are rewarded as God's very own begotten Son deserved to be rewarded.  Psalm 18 starting in verse 20, 
"The LORD has rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me.  For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God. For all His ordinances were before me, and I did not put away His statutes from me. I was also blameless with Him, and I kept myself from my iniquity. Therefore the LORD has recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in His eyes."

John Gill says of verse 24, "This phrase, 'in his eyesight', is here added, to show that the righteousness of Christ was clean, pure, and spotless in the sight of God; in the eye of divine justice: hence those that are clothed with it are holy and unblamable, and irreprovable in his sight, Col_1:22.

Colossians 1:22 says, "yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach."

0 comments:

Followers

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP